Western Maryland and nearby West Virginia are convenient to several areas. We have collected a list of some of our favorite day trips within an easy, 60-90 minute drive.
- Ohiopyle, PA: great area to go white-water rafting, hiking and biking in the Laurel Highlands.
- Thomas and Davis, WV: visit Blackwater Falls, Dolly Sods and do some shopping and dining in the small towns of Thomas and Davis.
- Winchester, VA: a charming town in the Shenandoah Valley with great shopping, restaurants and things to do!
- Harper’s Ferry, WV: a small, historic town that offers beautiful views, hikes, access to the C&O Canal and the Potomac River.
- Cooper’s Rock State Park, WV: this state park borders Cheat Lake and is convenient to Morgantown. Lots of hiking trails and a nice campground.